1. Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in content or design;
2. Show the 7 winners names and links on your blog, and leave a comment informing them that they were prized with "Honest Scrap." Well, there's no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon; and
3. List at least 10 honest things about yourself.
So here you go . . . more than
10 (random) things about myself:
1. I would die without Carmex and Lotion.
They are my must-have's.
2. The 3 very best things I have done for me were:
#1 Buy a TempurPedic bed (ahhhh)
#2 Have back surgery (totally gave me my life back)
#3 Started taking Prozac (so happy).
3. I live in Utah, and don't like to ski.
4. One of my biggest passions is photography,
and my little hobby has kept me MORE than busy!
5. My children and husband are my life. I love being a mother. What hard and draining work it is. It would be a lot easier to drop them off at day care and go to a job for 8 hours a day, but I would be missing out on my greatest achievements. They are worth everything to me, and I love to be able to stay home with them.
6. I love, love thunderstorms.
7. I have recently fallen in love with my treadmill -
which was given to me free from my friend!
8. It bothers me that people don't do their children's hair, especially girls. It seems that there aren't many people who take pride in their children's appearance and self esteem, and are fine with them looking like rag-a-muffins.
9. I started a weight loss program, in which I have 35 people who are bug identities (anonymous), and who are losing weight & inches ... and becoming healthier one day at a time. I am so proud of them! (skinnyservice.blogspot.com)
10. I lived in China for 6 months and taught English to little children about 11 year ago. I would love to return there someday with my husband.
11. I sing 'You Are My Sunshine' at least 20 times a day to my kids.
12. It took me 6 years, and 3 tries of Artificial Insemination to get pregnant with my first baby.
13. I love to watch birds.
14. I don't like to shop.
15. I love to go to bed early.
16. I hate the feel of velvet. My baby brother once had a red pair of overalls my mom would dress him in for church that were made of velvet, and I couldn't ever pick him up.
17. I like all food except black licorice.
I try to like it, but I just don't.
I don't know how to do links, so I will figure that out and do it later. The people I nominate for outstanding blogs (in no particular order, of course)
1. My cousin Amanda
2. My sister in law Leslie
3. My inspiration Suzanne
4. My motivated firefighter friend, Rosalie
5. My friend I have never met, Stephanie, who is married to a guy I grew up with
6. My sister in law Ashlie (who gave me another award that I totally spaced, sorry)
7. Jon & Sarah - old (young) friends
8. My friend Ashlie
9. Who said it had to be 7?? I have several more ...
10. My friends: Mandi, Mandy, Katie, Kelly, Stacie, Haley, Ang, Heather