Monday, February 9, 2009

Strong Heart


This past week I had been having pain in my heart. It was happening about one time a day. I tried to put it out of my mind. Today, that terrible pain happened 6 times. I honestly thought I would die. I was so convinced of this, that I told Ben what to do and how to call 911 if he ever found me & I couldn't respond (I left my fears and emotion and details out of it). My mother ended up taking me to the ER. After 3 hours and several tests later, the doctors were very confident that my heart was in great condition. They did tests that showed I have no blood clots, that I am not at risk for a heart attack etc. They don't know why I've been having heart palpitations.

Tonight, I am grateful for modern technology. I am grateful I was able to be seen by a qualified doctor, who could perform the necessary tests to determine that my heart was strong. I am grateful that I am healthy, and that I can continue to be a mother to my children, wife, daughter, sister and friend. For tonight, I thought it might be the end of my life. I am very thankful.

6 comments:

Kayce said...

OMG--So glad everything turned out okay! My uncle is having heart problems right now and may have to have open heart surgery soon. He is only 32 years old. So scary!

Rosalie said...

How scary! I can't believe it! I am glad that all the tests came back ok! Take it easy!

Sharp Family said...

That must have been very scary! I'm glad everything is OK!

Mandi said...

That is so scary. Have you ever had your gall bladder checked? I was having pains like that after I had Isaac and it turned out I had to have my gall bladder removed. They ran tons of tests on my heart and everything else, but it took 3 months and 5 ER trips for them to check my gall bladder.

Suzanne said...

OH, my friend! I had no idea!! You never mentioned anything about this before!! I am so glad to hear that you are ok and if you need anything, I will be more than happy to help! Bless you! -Suzanne

Leslie said...

hey sister! now we just have to figure out what it IS! I'm very thankful too!