Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Norman

I was raised with animals. So, when Greg and I got married I really wanted a cat. He said 'no'. One day I went to the Humane Society and saw the most adorable little kitten. I put a hold on it and brought Greg back the next day to see it. I pointed to the kitten and said "It's that one." Greg looked up and pointed to another cat and said "Oh ... but look at that one." So we ended up with two kittens. We got them neutered and declawed. Greg named his Willis and I named mine Norman. They were our babies. We loved and enjoyed them so much.
Today, I took Norman to be put to sleep. He had been peeing all over our house, and just could not take it anymore. We were ending up prisoners in our own home.
This was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do. I sobbed. Migraine. Canceled piano lessons. It was so hard.





I knew the very next day he was being put to sleep, so I had Reese take this picture of me and Norman.

1 comment:

Rosalie said...

I am sorry hon...Much love...