Friday, July 25, 2008

My Baby is Gone!




You know, most people might rejoice at getting rid of one of their children for any amount of time. Yes, it opens up a whole new world of possibilities to a mommy to have her brood lessened or all together gone. The house can get clean, books can be read (mommy books), dinner does not have to be prepared ... it can just be so much fun with all this selfish time to yourself. Alas, I do not feel this way at all. Ben and Greg have left to go to Greg's family reunion in Idaho for 3 days, then off to Yellowstone for another day. I really have been having a hard time. I cried in my bed all last night, and now I sit here and cry. I know he will have a good time, but he is my baby and I miss him already (they have been gone 10 minutes). And, it probably didn't help anything to sit and watch an episode of Oprah yesterday, that I've had on my DVR for I don't know how many months, about Whitney and Laura and the bad car accident they were in and a mix-up happened where they thought Whitney had been killed, when in fact it was Laura. They didn't find out until 5 weeks later. So, I watched that and have been in crippling fear that driving there or back, they will be in a head-on collision and killed. My mind gets going and I go through every scenerio to where it is just me and Reese and how we (I) survive the next year and rest of my life without my son and husband. Crazy, I know.

1 comment:

Lana said...

Not crazy, dear... reality. But with your positive attitude about everything, you would endure well no matter what life hands you. More than I can say for myself, I'm afraid...