Friday, August 8, 2008

Explaining The Olympics


When I turned the computer on this morning, I was looking at pictures from the opening olympic ceremony in Beijing (I wish I was there SO bad!). Ben asked what the pictures were and what the olympics was. I explained to him that is when people from all over the world come together to see who can run the fastest and jump the highest ... "Well, I can do that!" he says. I told him that if he trains for it, he could be in the olympics. He then tells me "I can jump off the roof, you know." I tell him that no, we do not jump off the roof. I told him I have a cousin who jumped off his roof onto his trampoline and broke both his arms (I actually got him mixed up with his sister - she was the one who broke both her arms, this cousin broke his leg - minor detail). Ben got very concerned and asked "Is he growing another one?" "Another what?" "Another arm??"

No comments: