Thursday, August 7, 2008

No Nap = Quality Mommy Time

I put both kids down for a nap a little after 1:00 p.m. Silly me, I thought they would both go to sleep at the same time. Ben fell asleep right away. However, an hour later Reese was still in her bed playing. For fear she would wake Ben from his much needed nap, I removed her from her crib. I set her up with many different toys to play with to entertain herself while I got some things done. Minutes and minutes go by ... it is very quiet ... what could she be doing? Would she be in the bathroom putting her brush in the un-flushed toilet? No, that was this morning. I walk downstairs and found her in baby heaven. She found a PEZ dispenser that was loaded. Lucky her. She is not much of a candy girl, so she would suck on the candy for a little bit and then spit the candy out. Here is what I found.



So, how could I get anything done?? After I got my camera out, I decided to just sit and play with her. We built towers with the blocks. She is getting very good at stacking the blocks, she is up to 7 or 8 that she can stack.



Then out came the pretend food. Funny thing is that she would put it in her mouth and pretend to eat it, and then make a "ka-ka" sound, for that is what I do when she puts things in her mouth that she shouldn't.

I am happy to report that it is now 4:45 p.m. and both kids are in bed. Ben is still asleep, and Reese just went down. Not sure if she is asleep yet. One can only hope. Oh! Ben just got up. :o)


3 comments:

Amanda said...

So funny. That sounds familiar. When it's too quiet, there is usually something going on. Cute pitures. I love the black and white.

Leslie said...

Having a loaded Pez dispenser just laying around is unheard of in this household! At least I haven't seen one in the 8 years that Drake has been around. That is truly amazing and a fabulous find! Way to go Reesage! Love the pictures!

Chris and Laurie said...

I love nap time... That is where Boyd is right now... I love the black and white pictures... I need to learn how to do that. :)