Tuesday, December 2, 2008

My Benny


Ben has seen me working on hats and he wanted to try as well. I do have to say that he has done it perfect. It will be interesting to see if he has the patience to stick with it until it is finished.
.
This morning he woke up at 6:00. I have a monitor in the room so I could hear he was awake. He knows he cannot get out of bed until 7:00. So whenever he wakes up early, he'll sing and sing the morning away. It is so cute, but a little bit of a stress because he and Reese share a room and his singing wakes her. When the clock turned 7:00, he came running out of the room, proudly announcing he stayed in bed until 7:00. As usual, I praise him that he did a great job. He said "I woke up at 6:00. It was 6 for a LONG time! Mom, you've got to get me a faster clock!"
.
Day before yesterday, he said "Mom, you're a crazy old lady who lives in a barn."
.
Last week I was hurrying to get things done. I had so much to do and so little time to do it in. Ben wanted to play games. I said no. He wanted me to read to him. I said no. He said "Well, can we play a pretend game then?" I asked him what it was he had in mind. He said "Well, I'll be Jesus and you be Heavenly Father." "How do we play that?" "I bless the food and you bless the night."

4 comments:

Rosalie said...

How cute!!! I love the things that kids say!!!! Good luck on the hat buddy!!!

Suzanne said...

That kid is a genious!! He is so special and I see everyday how you recognize it! That is too great! -Suzanne

PS - on your side bar where you are linked to me, can you change it to just Suzanne or Suzanne R or I see that you do it by couples and my husbands name is Brian. If you google my name, it comes up on yours and another blogs. I had the creepiest thing happen Monday, I will explain when I see you in person. If you would do that for me, I would be grateful!

Kim said...

This is so cute. And you can tell Ben that I have long been suspicious that you were a crazy old lady who lives in a barn...I just haven't known how to prove it! I can't wait to see his finished hat! Grandma would be so proud!!!

sprmom said...

Nat, I have been missing you and wanted to say hi and happy holidays.