Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Draper Temple



We went to the Draper Temple open house tonight with our good friends and neighbors, the Easton's. As we were driving, Reese was saying "Ma-ma-ma-ma." over and over and over again. Ben tells her "Reese, that's really irritating." "Ma-ma-ma-ma." "Reese, you're really irritating me." "Ma-ma-ma-ma-ma." "Roo, your going the right way for a smack bottom!"
~
It was bitter cold - 19 degrees. Thank goodness for warm coats and a nice heated bus ride up to the temple.
~
The kids seemed to enjoy it. Of course Reese hadn't slept hardly at all the past 24 hours because of the steroids she received for croup, so she was beyond tired and really hyper and loud.
~
It was so beautiful and so peaceful.
~
As we were walking to by the baptismal font, I was explaining to Ben about the oxen. "They're not ox, Mom. They're yaks!" "No, they're not yaks, Honey. They're ox." "Mom ... I know what a yak looks like, and those are yaks."
~
I (well ... Greg) lugged my camera all around the whole time. I thought we'd be able to take some pictures outside in front of the temple, but no such luck. That is okay, because we would've froze! So, the pictures are of the kids getting buckled up for the ride home. I couldn't not take any pictures. We'll have to go back on a warm day for outside pictures.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

So maybe I should already know this or guess, but is that going to be the temple that you are "supposed" to go to?